domingo, 16 de enero de 2011

MY FIRST WIKI !!!

I´ve decided to use my first wiki with my youngest children, at the infant school. Right now, I´m working TEN IN THE BED  with the 4 year old children and LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD with 5 year old ones.
My idea is to tell them the story with the big books in their own class. We´ll do this twice a week. Before I start telling them the story I´ll remind them that they´re soon going to watch a few short videos about the story they´re learning at the moment.

When I see my children are ready and capable of repeating the main words and sentences I´ll show them the different videos. After that, I might record my children´s voices (podcasting) or/and record their role-play in a video. Finally, I could show them how well they´ve done it. They could also compare their works with the class next to them by watching their mates´ role-plays, games, songs and so on.

I would be very glad if any member in this course could give me more ideas about different ways of using wikis at school. Thank you.

Here is the link to my wiki:


2 comentarios:

  1. I like your wiki. I think it's very difficult to find activities for so young children to use the computer. They'll love to see themselves in the video!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I like your wiki!!. Sometimes it is kind of difficult to find an useful application for young learners. I´m sure they will enjoy a lot .

    ResponderEliminar